dcc pending

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

fatkohl

dcc pending

Postby fatkohl » Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:35 pm

everytime i try to download sth. from the efnetwork i recieve the following message from the bot:

[12:05am] <fatkohl> xdcc send #1
[12:06am] -pM|DCC74- *** Sending you pack #1 ("The_Format-Interventions_And_Lullabies-2003-rep.rar"), which is 62MB (resume supported)
pM|DCC74 is trying to send you The_Format-Interventions_And_Lullabies-2003-rep.rar 1562.2Mb on port 5000
[12:06am] -pM|DCC74- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (150 seconds remaining until timeout)
[12:07am] pM|DCC74- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (90 seconds remaining until timeout)
[12:08am] -pM|DCC74- *** You have a DCC pending, Set your client to receive the transfer. (30 seconds remaining until timeout)
[12:09am] -pM|DCC74- *** Closing Connection: DCC Timeout (180 Sec Timeout)

in preferences of my excursion client v.6.12 i set the dcc options to auto-get and now i'm pretty pissed because i can't find the error...

maybe anyone could help me with this?

greets and thanks
MARKUS
deww

Postby deww » Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:28 pm

First off, it's not an error message from your IRC client. I assume it's mIRC running with excursion. Turn off DCC ignore. Refer to the following page for reference on the menus here: http://www.onetimeinc.org/dcc.htm
If you still have issues with getting files via DCC (XDCC or whatever they call it now), get in touch with the person sending you the file(s). If they're bots, get in touch with the owner. Also a quick search on google for "dcc pending" will give you tons of sites that also tells you how to deal with this. If you still can't figure it out, consider purchasing the album, instead of stealing.