Channel #stl mistakenly juped for clone flooding

Help with EFnet related issues

Moderators: Website/Forum Admins, EFnet/Help Moderators

milez

Channel #stl mistakenly juped for clone flooding

Postby milez » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:38 pm

My channel, #stl, is juped on 5 servers for clones.

This is a result of a spammer loading my channels with clones, then reporting it to an ircoper - then repeating this process over the period of a few days.

Spend more than 30 seconds in my channel and you'll realize it's just a meeting place for a few geeks from St. Louis - there's no hackeresque activity going on, nor are there any drones.

I read the FAQ and it didn't mention much about channel jupes - so any help you all can give me is much appreciated.

Will these jupes expire at some point? Will i be klined for attempting to join my channel if it's juped?

Thanks,

Milez
munky
Site Admin

Postby munky » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:45 pm

to answer in order:
no
yes

the only way for a jupe to be removed is to have an oper on that server remove it (usually a fairly painless /stats p)
whether you get klined or not depends on what type of bots/scripts the opers on that particular server run. on servercentral, you will be auto-klined after a 2-3 attemps within a short period.
In God we trust,
Everyone else must have an X.509 certificate.
seiki

Postby seiki » Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:56 pm

.. however most of these automagic klines are very temporary, and will expire in 24 hours or less.. best to not bother the nice IRCops and just let it expire. Perm Klines placed by humans can be appealed to the server admin. Server admins can be found by simply typing /admin irc.server.name.here or as munkaroo said, with /stats p

I don't know of any server which 'autojupes' channels. channel jupes should be temporary, similar to k/d/g lines.. If a channel is an *active problem* then I can understand a temp local jupe, but it should be removed or expire later when things calm down.

I don't see #stl juped on my servers. perhaps you should do what munky said and contact the individual server ops on the servers which are.

-douglas
MahaDewa

Postby MahaDewa » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:44 am

hi guys,

i have a problem also with my channel #semarang.
I noticed that the # is juped in 3 servers,

irc.nac.net
avalonworks.ca
irc.inet.tel.dk

I will try to contact the server admin as seiki said,
but if you guys can help,
it will be nice.

If you guys ask me to explain, what is going in the #, i will tell.

thanks,
Indy.
lucy

Postby lucy » Thu Sep 30, 2004 2:22 pm

best way is to msg or email the admins or opers on those particular servers.
go to http://www.efnet.info/?module=servers
and double click on the server you need help with to get more information.
if you are on irc /stats p the server or /motd the server.